REFITS - RESTORATION
Refitting or refit of boats includes repairing, fixing, restoring, renewing, mending, and renovating an old vessel.
Refitting has become one of the most important activities inside a shipyard. It offers a variety of services for an old vessel of any size and kind starting with the construction itself and what is added to it, such as hardware, electric & hydraulic systems, entertainment systems, etc.
Refitting can be divided into several main subjects:
- Adding or replacing: for example replacing old deck equipment with new or refurbished ones.
- Modifying: for example modifying a yacht for participating in and winning a regatta.
- Customizing: for example customizing a yacht for the owner's needs and desires.
- Modernizing: for example modernizing an old yacht with modern styling, technologies and systems.
- Restoring: for example restoring an old wooden boat for preservation.